Full information on placements found here.
If you are interested in doing your work experience at the Vancouver Aquarium please sign up for one of the Summer Youth Information Sessions (on either Tuesday, May 17th or Wednesday, May 18th, from 5:30pm-8:30pm) in order to apply for our summer programs.
At the information sessions, you will be able to hear in depth about the 3 different roles we are recruiting for and will also be asked to participate in a group screening process at that time.
We therefore will not be accepting applications through our online volunteer impact database this round and instead you will have to register for one of these 2 information sessions via the Aquarium’s main work experience website (http://www.vanaqua.org/join/hands-on/work-experience ). Please be advised that this process means that we will be involving more participants in the Info Session than there are available positions. I hope to have a maximum of 120 students attend each information session, so please register for these sessions as soon as possible as spaces tend to get booked quickly.
Please note that registration is not yet open, but will be live by May 9th, so check it regularly. Please keep an eye out as it will be opening very soon.
NOTE: you will not be receiving a confirmation email about your attendance to the Info Session until May 12th.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS & ANSWERS!
Who should sign up for the Info Session?
· Anyone who fits the requirements, and has the skills and availability requested for the interested role.
What will happen at the Info Session?
· The Info Session is a chance for students to ask questions, to learn about the program and to express your interest in a specific role you like. This process means that we will be involving more participants in the Info Session than there are available positions.
Finding the right volunteers, for the right role
· Following the information session, anyone who meets the availability requirements will participate in a screening process. Youth will be matched with a volunteer position based on their suitability, their shift availability, their commitment and their ability to attend our training program.
What if the Info Session is full?
· If the Info Session is full, please ask students to send us an email with “Info Session Waitlist” in the subject line to email@example.com. If spots open up in the Information Session or some positions are still available afterwards, we will contact the people on this list. If students are not placed in a volunteer position this summer, they will are encouraged to apply for our work experience placements that occur throughout the school year.
What if I can’t make the Info Session date but am still interested?
· Email Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-659-3478. Request to be contacted if there are still opportunities this summer after the people who attended the information session are placed.